Combining music with language
My name is Suzanne Smart and I am both a musician and a translator. Having studied both the academic and practical side of music in the UK and Venice, I have performed several leading operatic roles – from Tatyana in Eugene Onegin to Adina in l’Elisir d’Amore, Zerlina in Don Giovanni and Casilda in The Gondoliers.
As a qualified, experienced translator, working from French and Italian into English, it is my great passion to work with musicians and companies in the classical music sector to produce high-quality, professional translations, helping these businesses to build their presence on the world stage.
Robin French photography
It is a privilege to be able to combine my two life-long passions of music and languages and I would love to make this combination work for you!
How do I make it work?
- MA with distinction in Translation Studies, University of Surrey
- 7 years’ professional experience in translation
- BA hons in music and Italian, Cardiff University
- Use of cutting edge translation technology to ensure consistency and coherence
- Knowledge and expertise in the classical music industry
- A friendly, personal service tailored to your needs